Its been almost a week since my sister Tiffanie was diagnosed with the flu and a week tomorrow since my precious Claire was sick as well. Last Tuesday evening, Claire didn't want to eat dinner at all, which is pretty uncharacteristic of her and then she felt warm later in the evening. Her temperature was 100.7 when I check it. Travis and I both thought...oh no, she is getting the flu as well, but she had no other symptoms. The other kicker was that we were suppose to get up to another foot of snow overnight, so going to the doctor the next day was out of the question. We definitely needed more Motrin and we also decided to go ahead and start Claire on Tamiflu. Travis then headed to Walgreens for our supplies, and I savaged through my medication stash and came across a flu test that I had brought home last year. I went in and woke Claire and swabbed her nose....indeed she was Influenza A positive. I panicked and then prayed that Travis and I (especially me being pregnant and Travis being the great sick person that he is. : ) ) would stay healthy. Travis then got home and we woke Claire again to give her the first dose of Tamiflu. He then left for the hospital to stay the night, with not knowing if he'd be able to drive the next morning. Thankfully, my mom volunteered to come out and stay with us for the night.
The next morning, Claire woke with a 101.7 temp and felt pretty crummy, but better after taking the Motrin and getting the temp down. Thankfully, this would be her last real fever. She developed a very mild runny nose and mild cough, but really felt good the rest of the day. Her temp on Thursday was only 98.9.
She was not excited about taking her medication, but after Travis nicknamed it "Tammy," she had a different attitude and was eager to take her "Tammy."
I don't know if it was the fact that we started the Tamiflu so early, or that she had her Influenza vaccine as well, but I am so grateful that she had a speedy recovery.
Claire's flu was nothing like poor Tiffanie's and we're thankful as well that the rest of the family has stayed healthy.
Thank you Jesus!! and Tammy too. : )
:)
ReplyDelete