Lets see, I think today we'll talk about two year olds. My daughter is 2 years and just over 3 months old and she has developed a case of being determined, strong-willed, defiant, ornery, moody, and sometimes even spiteful. But, then there are also snuggles, "one more kiss," "one more hug," hold me's, play with me's, smiles, cheeses, laughs, and love. It is hard for me to understand her little brain sometimes and what all must be going on it for her to not understand how to act.
We're trying really hard on not using the word "no." I hear a lot of "no momma." I try to change that to no thank you....and she's getting good at those too.
Punishment is so hard. Timeout doesn't really seem to work, and spanking is still up in the air, with doing it sometimes and not doing it others. And trying to figure out if she is processing what we're really trying to convey.
Man! Parenthood is HARD!
Well, to wrap things up...we had a little bit of a hectic morning yesterday. Travis was working and I decided we would stay home from church. It was cold and it's hard work to get ready and get there with it just being me and being prego. (Just wait for 2 kids..right?) Well, Claire had 2 peeing accidents right on the tile floor. And just looked at me and said, momma pee pee (like she had no care in the world). Then while sitting on the kitchen counter threw a glass into the sinking shattering it. I had about had it and asked Trav to pray for me patience. I decided for us to get out of the house and venture to Reasor's and she was being a little testy about riding in the car buggy and I was trying to stay calm and talk to her about staying on her bottom. As we were walking down an aisle, a lady stopped me and said....its so nice to hear a mom talk nicely to her child and give her direction instead of yelling and slapping at her children. I thought...ok Lord....I can do this. Thank you to the stranger that noticed my patience and thank you Lord for providing the patience.
Travis got home and we had a good afternoon and evening. Now on to tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment